Les membres ayant 30 points peuvent parler sur les canaux annonces, projets et hs du chat.
La shoutbox n'est pas chargée par défaut pour des raisons de performances. Cliquez pour charger.

Forum Casio - Autres questions

Index du Forum » Autres questions » Casio fx-CG500 calculaton speed is wierd

TLM Invité

Casio fx-CG500 calculaton speed is wierd

Posté le 15/02/2019 22:54

Hi, I was doing some benchmarks on my Casio fx-CG500 and comparing it to the HP Prime G2, Nsipre CX CAS, TI-84 Plus CE, and the TI-89 ti. I ran the equation

Σ(x^2)
X=0

and I got an astonishingly quick result from the Casio (.32 seconds). (it was three times faster than the next fastest time (which was the HP Prime))
Next I tried

Σ(x^10)
X=0

(I can't remember if I did the summation up to 100 or 100,000)

but this time I got an astonishingly slow result. The HP Prime won (with an instant result) and the Casio lost (with 3.63 seconds.)
I was wondering why this is happening? Why is the Casio doing so well with the x^2 but so bad with the x^10 equation compared to the other calculators? Is it just how Casio's OS handles math or is it some other reason?

Lephenixnoir En ligne Administrateur Points: 24228 Défis: 170 Message

Citer : Posté le 15/02/2019 23:01 | #

Hi TLM, I don't have an fx-CG 500 to try this out, and testing it on my Graph 90+E (French equivalent of the fx-CG 50) only reveals that it computes the loop.

My wild guess is that the fx-CG 500 CAS knows the formula for the sum of squares, so naturally the result would come out in constant time. Maybe you can try with different upper bounds to check this theory?
Mon graphe (11 Avril): ((Rogue Life || HH2) ; PythonExtra ; serial gint ; Boson X ; passe gint 3 ; ...) || (shoutbox v5 ; v5)

TLM Invité

Citer : Posté le 16/02/2019 01:05 | #

I believe you're correct. I tried some ridiculous number (1,000,000,000,000) and with X^2 it still did the calculation nearly instantly but, with X^10 it took a lot longer. Thanks for clearing up my confusion Lephenixnoir!

Citer : Posté le 16/02/2019 09:25 | #

Nice! We can only regret that it still needs 0.32 seconds to compute something as simple as n(n+1)(2n+1)/6, even if there is some recognition involved.
Mon graphe (11 Avril): ((Rogue Life || HH2) ; PythonExtra ; serial gint ; Boson X ; passe gint 3 ; ...) || (shoutbox v5 ; v5)
Hackcell Hors ligne Maître du Puzzle Points: 1524 Défis: 11 Message

Citer : Posté le 16/02/2019 15:14 | #

Does that mean that the sum of (x^2)^5 or the sum of (x^5)^2 might be computed faster than the sum of x^10 ? (And that both of them are computed in a different time ?)

Citer : Posté le 16/02/2019 15:16 | #

The formula in question works only for the sum of the first n squares, so unless there's something more general it won't necessarily work.

LienAjouter une imageAjouter une vidéoAjouter un lien vers un profilAjouter du codeCiterAjouter un spoiler(texte affichable/masquable par un clic)Ajouter une barre de progressionItaliqueGrasSoulignéAfficher du texte barréCentréJustifiéPlus petitPlus grandPlus de smileys !
Cliquez pour épingler Cliquez pour détacher Cliquez pour fermer
Alignement de l'image: Redimensionnement de l'image (en pixel):
Afficher la liste des membres
:bow: :cool: :good: :love: ^^
:omg: :fusil: :aie: :argh: :mdr:
:boulet2: :thx: :champ: :whistle: :bounce:
valider
 :)  ;)  :D  :p
 :lol:  8)  :(  :@
 0_0  :oops:  :grr:  :E
 :O  :sry:  :mmm:  :waza:
 :'(  :here:  ^^  >:)

Σ π θ ± α β γ δ Δ σ λ
Veuillez donner la réponse en chiffre
Vous devez activer le Javascript dans votre navigateur pour pouvoir valider ce formulaire.

Si vous n'avez pas volontairement désactivé cette fonctionnalité de votre navigateur, il s'agit probablement d'un bug : contactez l'équipe de Planète Casio.

Planète Casio v4.3 © créé par Neuronix et Muelsaco 2004 - 2024 | Il y a 66 connectés | Nous contacter | Qui sommes-nous ? | Licences et remerciements

Planète Casio est un site communautaire non affilié à Casio. Toute reproduction de Planète Casio, même partielle, est interdite.
Les programmes et autres publications présentes sur Planète Casio restent la propriété de leurs auteurs et peuvent être soumis à des licences ou copyrights.
CASIO est une marque déposée par CASIO Computer Co., Ltd