Les membres ayant 30 points peuvent parler sur les canaux annonces, projets et hs du chat.
La shoutbox n'est pas chargée par défaut pour des raisons de performances. Cliquez pour charger.

Forum Casio - Vie communautaire

Index du Forum » Vie communautaire » Add a topic viewer analysis? (Français: Ajouter une analyse de sujet?)
Calcloverhk Hors ligne Membre Points: 333 Défis: 10 Message

Add a topic viewer analysis? (Français: Ajouter une analyse de sujet?)

Posté le 21/12/2019 10:01

Hi/Bonjour

I would like to suggest a feature for the forum.

Currently almost all of the forums have the replies and views record, but in my opinion, they generally do not reflect the recent activity of a topic, especially the views. It simply counts every click to a topic without checking if the clicks are from the same person. So, to improve this, I think we can add an analysis for these records.

There are several items I would like Admins to add in the analysis:
- Viewer's username (If viewer is a guest, count it in "guest" column)
- Viewer's total clicks
- Viewer's last clicked time (optional)
- This month's clicks & viewers
- Total number of viewers

Thank you for reading.

Cheers
CalcLoverHK

Lephenixnoir En ligne Administrateur Points: 24219 Défis: 170 Message

Citer : Posté le 21/12/2019 10:37 | #

Now that's something not so trivial. Just to let you know, we do track who views which topic (to update the recent list in the inbox) and these statistics make up the vast majority of the database, which nears its allocated limits.

I could display the total number and list of registered viewers provided I get the required time to edit the code. The other items would require much more storage (essentially storing one database row per visit or per day with a visit), and I don't think this is feasible right now.

Also, isn't that a bit intrusive for the users?
Mon graphe (11 Avril): ((Rogue Life || HH2) ; PythonExtra ; serial gint ; Boson X ; passe gint 3 ; ...) || (shoutbox v5 ; v5)
Kikoodx Hors ligne Ancien labélisateur Points: 3011 Défis: 11 Message

Citer : Posté le 21/12/2019 11:00 | #

I'm against all those suggestions.
Really intrusive.
ouais ouais
Calcloverhk Hors ligne Membre Points: 333 Défis: 10 Message

Citer : Posté le 21/12/2019 11:57 | #

Hi Lephenixnoir & Kikoodx

Oh, I forgot about this point. Thanks for reminding me.

Cheers
CalcLoverHK
C.Basic Wiki Project progress as of 2024/2/12
   30%

Citer : Posté le 21/12/2019 15:01 | #

Although I agree that counting unique visitors could be nice.
Mon graphe (11 Avril): ((Rogue Life || HH2) ; PythonExtra ; serial gint ; Boson X ; passe gint 3 ; ...) || (shoutbox v5 ; v5)
Dark storm En ligne Labélisateur Points: 11634 Défis: 176 Message

Citer : Posté le 23/12/2019 17:21 | #

Yep, user-centric tracking system is strongly against GDPR.
Moreover, we are already outlaw because we do not have a system to refuse the use of Google Analytics on the website, so we do not need to add more illegal things on the website xD

Thus, I think most of those features will not be implemented nor in the actual v42, nor in the WIP v5.

I think the only features we can add are:
- last time the topic was viewed (by anyone)
- day or hour aggregated number of views for a topic

But I don't see any use case where a simple user should have access to those stats. We are not an analytics provider
Finir est souvent bien plus difficile que commencer. — Jack Beauregard

Citer : Posté le 23/12/2019 17:25 | #

Dark storm a écrit :
Yep, user-centric tracking system is strongly against GDPR.

It is against the GDPR to do it without the user's consent. I do not feel that it is unacceptable to do it with the user's consent. Opting in/out when creating an account, just like with the newsletter, seems acceptable to me.

Citer : Posté le 23/12/2019 17:27 | #

Yep. But in this case we count the number of viewers that accepted to be tracked. Not the number of unique viewers.

Citer : Posté le 23/12/2019 17:29 | #

Correct. The follow-up question is: will a representative amount of people accept to be tracked?

But let me remind you that we can't notify users of new posts if we don't track them.

Citer : Posté le 23/12/2019 17:36 | #

I agree with that, but the question of statistics is a bit more complex, because 1. it may not be a legitimate interest according to GDPR's definition ; 2. I'm not sure that we can use user's consent to do both purposes.

We definitely need more information on this issue.

LienAjouter une imageAjouter une vidéoAjouter un lien vers un profilAjouter du codeCiterAjouter un spoiler(texte affichable/masquable par un clic)Ajouter une barre de progressionItaliqueGrasSoulignéAfficher du texte barréCentréJustifiéPlus petitPlus grandPlus de smileys !
Cliquez pour épingler Cliquez pour détacher Cliquez pour fermer
Alignement de l'image: Redimensionnement de l'image (en pixel):
Afficher la liste des membres
:bow: :cool: :good: :love: ^^
:omg: :fusil: :aie: :argh: :mdr:
:boulet2: :thx: :champ: :whistle: :bounce:
valider
 :)  ;)  :D  :p
 :lol:  8)  :(  :@
 0_0  :oops:  :grr:  :E
 :O  :sry:  :mmm:  :waza:
 :'(  :here:  ^^  >:)

Σ π θ ± α β γ δ Δ σ λ
Veuillez donner la réponse en chiffre
Vous devez activer le Javascript dans votre navigateur pour pouvoir valider ce formulaire.

Si vous n'avez pas volontairement désactivé cette fonctionnalité de votre navigateur, il s'agit probablement d'un bug : contactez l'équipe de Planète Casio.

Planète Casio v4.3 © créé par Neuronix et Muelsaco 2004 - 2024 | Il y a 55 connectés | Nous contacter | Qui sommes-nous ? | Licences et remerciements

Planète Casio est un site communautaire non affilié à Casio. Toute reproduction de Planète Casio, même partielle, est interdite.
Les programmes et autres publications présentes sur Planète Casio restent la propriété de leurs auteurs et peuvent être soumis à des licences ou copyrights.
CASIO est une marque déposée par CASIO Computer Co., Ltd