Les membres ayant 30 points peuvent parler sur les canaux annonces, projets et hs du chat.
La shoutbox n'est pas chargée par défaut pour des raisons de performances. Cliquez pour charger.

Forum Casio - Projets de programmation

Index du Forum » Projets de programmation » Compiling old games (ie. run) for FX9860GII SH4
Kuzmanzs Hors ligne Membre Points: 13 Défis: 0 Message

Compiling old games (ie. run) for FX9860GII SH4

Posté le 05/11/2019 08:31

Hi,
I try to run old games on my calculator. I have found out it has SH4 processor and not the SH3.
I have setuped SDK and I can compile it from the source but it only works for SH3.
What should I do to make compatible with SH3?

Br, Zsolt

Fichier joint

Zezombye Hors ligne Rédacteur Points: 1756 Défis: 13 Message

Citer : Posté le 05/11/2019 10:46 | #

See the links at the end: https://www.planet-casio.com/Fr/forums/lecture_sujet.php?id=14992
Divers jeux : Puissance 4 - Chariot Wars - Sokoban
Ecrivez vos programmes basic sur PC avec BIDE
Lephenixnoir En ligne Administrateur Points: 24219 Défis: 170 Message

Citer : Posté le 05/11/2019 13:22 | #

There are a few important differences, the main being the IsKeyDown() is not compatible. An alternative method must be used.

This has been researched a long time ago. There is a source code approach that make add-ins compatible : https://www.planet-casio.com/Fr/forums/topic12285-1-[Tutoriel]-Configurer-le-SDK-pour-le-rendre-compatible-SH4.html

The preferred way however, is to just run the g1a through the SH4 compatibility tool which tweaks the binary and just works out-of-the-box: https://tools.planet-casio.com/SH4compatibility/

The tool server is owned by Ziqumu, and right now the certificate seems to have expired (*sigh*), I'll have a look quickly.
Mon graphe (11 Avril): ((Rogue Life || HH2) ; PythonExtra ; serial gint ; Boson X ; passe gint 3 ; ...) || (shoutbox v5 ; v5)

Citer : Posté le 05/11/2019 18:47 | # | Fichier joint

Thanks for replies

I have followed https://www.planet-casio.com/Fr/forums/topic12285-1-[Tutoriel]-Configurer-le-SDK-pour-le-rendre-compatible-SH4.html
and overriden the original default folder.
At the desciption '5) Use the version of MonochromeLib contained in the zip.'
The "this archive provided by Shadow15510" attached zip does not contain any MonochromeLib..

I am trying rebuild attached game. In the game lib theare are already MonochromeLib I think here I need an updated version for SH4.
Someone could help me what should I change in the attached game to make it runnable for SH4 via command line?

/ I know the https://tools.planet-casio.com/SH4compatibility/. It works but some object ie. Watersky are very opal almost unvisible when I am compare to SH3 machine/

Citer : Posté le 05/11/2019 19:04 | #

Yes, I think the original MonochromeLib edit (the one in the attached file of the post) is ok. Shadow15510 only changed other files. The ML should be included in his archive too for completeness.

The transformation that you're going to apply via the SDK is, by essence, the same as what the SH4 compatibility tool accomplishes. Could you please elaborate on the issues you have with almost-invisible objects?
Mon graphe (11 Avril): ((Rogue Life || HH2) ; PythonExtra ; serial gint ; Boson X ; passe gint 3 ; ...) || (shoutbox v5 ; v5)

Citer : Posté le 11/11/2019 18:19 | # | Fichier joint

I have uploded photo and the waves are almost unvisible (it looks like as dirt).
I see waves good when already game over. On SH3 I do not have this problem..

Citer : Posté le 11/11/2019 18:30 | #

This is when waves are moving right? Moving objects are hard to see at low contrast. Maybe bump your contrast up to see better.

This issues has probably nothing to do with the code. SH3/SH4 incompatibilies are not that subtle. They're basically crashes.

Citer : Posté le 14/11/2019 09:50 | #

Yes, that is my problem. If I run the downloaded program on SH3 calculator everything looks fine.
If I convert the program with the online converter to make it able to run on SH4 processor and I install it on SH4, the SH4 calculator has this bad behaviour.

So something is changing during the conversion regarding moving objects.
Redcmd Hors ligne Membre Points: 380 Défis: 7 Message

Citer : Posté le 14/11/2019 10:01 | #

is the SH3 calculator, an actual real calc or just the SDK emulator?
the emulator has very faster perfect black pixels (because fast pc)
while the real life calculator pixels are not. On the display they are not perfect blacks and change state very slowly
when small obejects move fast, its very hard too see and when larger obejects move, it becomes very blury and very bad ghosting affect
Increasing the contrast can help, but going too far and you get ghosting
its best to increase the line thickness or slow its movement down
you could do some special rendering, by making the line bigger while moving, but bring it down to normal size when its not moving

Citer : Posté le 14/11/2019 10:02 | #

I suspect the problem is not the SH3/SH4 difference (it would be a first, and let's be honest this problem is really weird).

The converter only replaces IsKeyDown() calls and low-level stuff. It feels really unlikely that it could change the code for "moving objects", which it is not supposed to, and still not make it crash.

I believe the problem is more likely to be related to the configuration of the calculators. Is the contrast set to a high enough value? Can you see moving objects in other applications? The display of an fx-9860G II is also not the same as the smaller displays of the fx-9750G, maybe it behaves differently.

I would like to try out as I have a variety of calculators to experiment with. Can you please share the original and modified G1A files? The RUN.G1A file from your original post seems to be a different application and doesn't run anywhere.

Citer : Posté le 15/11/2019 08:04 | #

I have just converted it again. You can find it in 'modified' folder. I have also attached 3 pictures. You can see the contrast ist very high and after game over occurs the previosly moved objects look fine. Only during plaing look they bad.
/I have tested the original version on another calculator(SH3) and it does not have this behaviour/

edit:
I could not opload big zip
Please check this link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g5cmx8blwiccab8/ProblemSH4.zip?dl=1

Citer : Posté le 15/11/2019 09:13 | #

Well, as I thought I have no problem on my Graph 75+E. Spikes and waves are invisible on low contrast, pretty hard to see on middle contrast, and clear enough at high contrast. This is as normal as it can get. With a black-and-white screen of this quality, either it bleeds as hell (such as on low-end TIs, which has its uses) or you have this.

Also, it's not any better on SH3, eg. on my Graph 35+.

I honestly don't see anything out of the ordinary here. I can reproduce your problem to some extent, but this is completely usual and apparently all related to the contrast setting.

Citer : Posté le 16/11/2019 08:51 | #

Yes, your are right. Is was contrast issue.

I am confused with initial contrast setting.
If I set 'init' contrast on my brand new 9860 it has less contrast than my old 9860..

Is that normal or the new one has problem? During the ages contrast goes high-er?

Citer : Posté le 16/11/2019 09:02 | #

Ah, good question. I think the displays might have changed. Casio has always used different types of displays for similar calculators. You have the blue display of the old Graph 35 (fx-9750G+), the four-color display of the Graph 60 (cfx-9850GB+), then the monochrome equivalents on the Graph 35+ and later (fx-9750G II), which was different from the display of the Graph 85/75+ (fx-9860G/fx-9860G II). Recently the Graph 35+E II (no international model yet) even has a new one...

All of these are variants of the Toshiba T6K11 and they are essentially driven in the same way, but the default settings and contrast ranges might really be different. It is well known for instance that the same contrast value sent in hardware to two different displays can result in a very different visual aspect.

There is no detailed documentation about the valid contrast ranges and default contrast values of the known displays yet.

So I'd not be surprised if there is a difference, either in the display, or in the OS. I have not observed chages in the contrast of my calculators over the years, but it is a sound hypothesis as well.

LienAjouter une imageAjouter une vidéoAjouter un lien vers un profilAjouter du codeCiterAjouter un spoiler(texte affichable/masquable par un clic)Ajouter une barre de progressionItaliqueGrasSoulignéAfficher du texte barréCentréJustifiéPlus petitPlus grandPlus de smileys !
Cliquez pour épingler Cliquez pour détacher Cliquez pour fermer
Alignement de l'image: Redimensionnement de l'image (en pixel):
Afficher la liste des membres
:bow: :cool: :good: :love: ^^
:omg: :fusil: :aie: :argh: :mdr:
:boulet2: :thx: :champ: :whistle: :bounce:
valider
 :)  ;)  :D  :p
 :lol:  8)  :(  :@
 0_0  :oops:  :grr:  :E
 :O  :sry:  :mmm:  :waza:
 :'(  :here:  ^^  >:)

Σ π θ ± α β γ δ Δ σ λ
Veuillez donner la réponse en chiffre
Vous devez activer le Javascript dans votre navigateur pour pouvoir valider ce formulaire.

Si vous n'avez pas volontairement désactivé cette fonctionnalité de votre navigateur, il s'agit probablement d'un bug : contactez l'équipe de Planète Casio.

Planète Casio v4.3 © créé par Neuronix et Muelsaco 2004 - 2024 | Il y a 45 connectés | Nous contacter | Qui sommes-nous ? | Licences et remerciements

Planète Casio est un site communautaire non affilié à Casio. Toute reproduction de Planète Casio, même partielle, est interdite.
Les programmes et autres publications présentes sur Planète Casio restent la propriété de leurs auteurs et peuvent être soumis à des licences ou copyrights.
CASIO est une marque déposée par CASIO Computer Co., Ltd