Les membres ayant 30 points peuvent parler sur les canaux annonces, projets et hs du chat.
La shoutbox n'est pas chargée par défaut pour des raisons de performances. Cliquez pour charger.

Forum Casio - Projets de programmation

Index du Forum » Projets de programmation » CAS from fx 2.0 plus to fx-9860g
Alexi Hors ligne Membre Points: 5 Défis: 0 Message

CAS from fx 2.0 plus to fx-9860g

Posté le 26/10/2023 12:05

Dear all,

please excuse me for not writing in French.
I have recently rediscovered my casio calculators and decided to start using them again. I have both fx 2.0 plus and fx-9860g.
The latter model has a better (bigger) screen (iho), which is why I like it more. Therefore, I was wondering if it is possible to transfer the CAS from fx 2.0 plus to fx-9860g. I recently used FA-124 to transfer some cool games from this forum on fx-9860g, hence the question : Has someone managed to port the CAS?
I have two CAS versions on my fx-9860g, however, they are quite limited in comparison to the fx 2.0 plus. In particular, integration is a problem - either missing or limited to very simple expressions.

Thank you in advance / Merci Beaucoup
Alex

Lephenixnoir En ligne Administrateur Points: 24236 Défis: 170 Message

Citer : Posté le 26/10/2023 12:12 | #

Hi! Thanks for coming round here to ask. English is very much welcome.

I think the "most advanced" CAS we've had for the fx-9860G series is this port of Eigenmath by Nemhardy. It has reasonable support for integration (high-school level and maybe a bit more), but it's a bit fragile due to its tendency to run out of memory. Nowadays we prefer to use Bernard Parisse's KhiCAS, but it's only compatible with the much more recent G-III series due to requirements in memory and storage.

I'm assuming by fx 2.0 you mean something like the Algebra-FX 2.0 which in France is known as the Graph 100(+). This machine was a very different beast from the fx-9860G, it ran DOS and shares few technological aspects with the fx-9860G. If my understanding is right, then it seems like getting the same CAS ported over would not be an easy task. I'm not aware of previous efforts to do that, though I'm also too young to have really come across the Graph 100(+); maybe someone else will know.
Mon graphe (11 Avril): ((Rogue Life || HH2) ; PythonExtra ; serial gint ; Boson X ; passe gint 3 ; ...) || (shoutbox v5 ; v5)
Slyvtt Hors ligne Maître du Puzzle Points: 2309 Défis: 17 Message

Citer : Posté le 26/10/2023 12:17 | #

No sorry no way. Fx 2.0 is completely different from the fx-9860 serie and programs/OS cannot be exchanged between these models.
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't ...
Redcmd Hors ligne Membre Points: 380 Défis: 7 Message

Citer : Posté le 26/10/2023 12:20 | #

are you able to transfer from the fx 2.0 plus to FA-124?
then transfer from FA-124 to the fx-9860G?

Citer : Posté le 26/10/2023 12:53 | #

Lephenixnoir a écrit :

I'm assuming by fx 2.0 you mean something like the Algebra-FX 2.0 which in France is known as the Graph 100(+)..

Exactly, the Algebra fx 2.0 Plus. Indeed it is a model form the early 2000s. I find the CAS on it really good, bad that it is fixed to that specific model only.
Actually, I never knew that it runs DOS. thank you for this information.

Citer : Posté le 26/10/2023 13:15 | #

I just run eigenmath by nemhardy. It is quite ok, however the memory of fx-9860g is quite limited, so i run in some malloc problems.

LienAjouter une imageAjouter une vidéoAjouter un lien vers un profilAjouter du codeCiterAjouter un spoiler(texte affichable/masquable par un clic)Ajouter une barre de progressionItaliqueGrasSoulignéAfficher du texte barréCentréJustifiéPlus petitPlus grandPlus de smileys !
Cliquez pour épingler Cliquez pour détacher Cliquez pour fermer
Alignement de l'image: Redimensionnement de l'image (en pixel):
Afficher la liste des membres
:bow: :cool: :good: :love: ^^
:omg: :fusil: :aie: :argh: :mdr:
:boulet2: :thx: :champ: :whistle: :bounce:
valider
 :)  ;)  :D  :p
 :lol:  8)  :(  :@
 0_0  :oops:  :grr:  :E
 :O  :sry:  :mmm:  :waza:
 :'(  :here:  ^^  >:)

Σ π θ ± α β γ δ Δ σ λ
Veuillez donner la réponse en chiffre
Vous devez activer le Javascript dans votre navigateur pour pouvoir valider ce formulaire.

Si vous n'avez pas volontairement désactivé cette fonctionnalité de votre navigateur, il s'agit probablement d'un bug : contactez l'équipe de Planète Casio.

Planète Casio v4.3 © créé par Neuronix et Muelsaco 2004 - 2024 | Il y a 62 connectés | Nous contacter | Qui sommes-nous ? | Licences et remerciements

Planète Casio est un site communautaire non affilié à Casio. Toute reproduction de Planète Casio, même partielle, est interdite.
Les programmes et autres publications présentes sur Planète Casio restent la propriété de leurs auteurs et peuvent être soumis à des licences ou copyrights.
CASIO est une marque déposée par CASIO Computer Co., Ltd