Les membres ayant 30 points peuvent parler sur les canaux annonces, projets et hs du chat.
La shoutbox n'est pas chargée par défaut pour des raisons de performances. Cliquez pour charger.

Forum Casio - Vie communautaire

Index du Forum » Vie communautaire » Looking forward to launching a programme to connect Casio calculator enthusiasts around the world.
Theo1df Hors ligne Membre Points: 31 Défis: 0 Message

Looking forward to launching a programme to connect Casio calculator enthusiasts around the world.

Posté le 13/02/2024 15:42

As we know, calculators are actually in decline in countries all over the world. Most students sell them on the second-hand market after completing their SATs or other college entrance exams. This is actually what many non-calculator enthusiasts have always done. And again, we know that many developers in the world are currently focusing on developing open source handhelds. The craze for open source handhelds got me thinking about where else a calculator can go as a computing tool after you take a test or even after you graduate.
Why don't we make the cheap and easy to use Casio calculator into an open source handheld?
We currently have a very complete development kit and a community of enthusiasts who are passionate about development. So here is my initiative:
1: Form a team of developers.
2: Implement an engine that can support the development of 2d and 3d games, like pico-8, which can facilitate even people who don't have access to the calculator sdk to complete a game by simple operation and mouse drawing bitmap.

I believe that the low price and the reason of easy development are enough to make Casio calculator hot among non-hobbyist groups, and Casio calculator with enough market can be brilliant again.

Fcalva Hors ligne Membre Points: 521 Défis: 9 Message

Citer : Posté le 13/02/2024 15:50 | #

Do you have anything done yet ?
Pc master race - Apréciateur de Noctua moyen
Caltos : G90+E, FX-92+ (x2)
Lephenixnoir En ligne Administrateur Points: 24243 Défis: 170 Message

Citer : Posté le 13/02/2024 15:54 | #

Ooh I love the idea! I think more support for existing stuff like GameBoy emulation, PICO-8 etc. would bring a lot.
Mon graphe (11 Avril): ((Rogue Life || HH2) ; PythonExtra ; serial gint ; Boson X ; passe gint 3 ; ...) || (shoutbox v5 ; v5)

Citer : Posté le 13/02/2024 15:56 | #

Fcalva a écrit :
Do you have anything done yet ?

A prototype of a 2D engine and a 3D engine under development.
Tuper4 Hors ligne Membre Points: 832 Défis: 19 Message

Citer : Posté le 13/02/2024 15:59 | #

Excellent idea you have here! And by the way, I might be able to help a bit .
Good luck!
Ne vous arrêtez pas quand vous êtes fatigé(e), arrêtez vous quand vous avez terminez.

Citer : Posté le 13/02/2024 16:01 | #

Lephenixnoir a écrit :
Ooh I love the idea! I think more support for existing stuff like GameBoy emulation, PICO-8 etc. would bring a lot.

I think what's important is an open source, easy-to-develop platform. I don’t know if you know about Playdate, an open source handheld console. They have made Playdate continue to attract attention through open source and complete SDK and open game market.

Citer : Posté le 13/02/2024 16:06 | #

Lephenixnoir a écrit :

And I think screen resolution is the biggest obstacle holding back emulators. This may fundamentally make the calculator unsuitable for emulation of any other gaming platform. So I was thinking: How about making my own original engine suitable for calculators? To perfectly adapt to the resolution of 128*64.

Citer : Posté le 13/02/2024 16:11 | #

That's reasonable, though I imagine not many people will instantly want to spend time writing code for a custom platform whose support and audience is minimal. Hence the drive to first show some level of interoperability. I do agree that screen size is a problem, 396x224 on the fx-CG is decent but 128x64 doesn't do much for you.
Mon graphe (11 Avril): ((Rogue Life || HH2) ; PythonExtra ; serial gint ; Boson X ; passe gint 3 ; ...) || (shoutbox v5 ; v5)

Citer : Posté le 13/02/2024 16:26 | # | Fichier joint

Lephenixnoir a écrit :
That's reasonable, though I imagine not many people will instantly want to spend time writing code for a custom platform whose support and audience is minimal. Hence the drive to first show some level of interoperability. I do agree that screen size is a problem, 396x224 on the fx-CG is decent but 128x64 doesn't do much for you.

fx-cg may not be cheap in terms of price, so I am thinking about supported models. This is a big project. My friend has already completed the development project of classpad 300. Here are some pictures:

Citer : Posté le 13/02/2024 16:44 | #

Ok ok, juicy! So before we start throwing all of our ideas in the mix do you want to take some time to establish what you've done so far and what your vision is in more detail?

Citer : Posté le 13/02/2024 16:55 | #

Lephenixnoir a écrit :
Ok ok, juicy! So before we start throwing all of our ideas in the mix do you want to take some time to establish what you've done so far and what your vision is in more detail?

It may just be an idea at the moment, and many, many friends need to join in to discuss the entire plan. Need a discord channel? Or any other platform that facilitates real-time communication.

Citer : Posté le 13/02/2024 17:05 | #

Personally, I'd rather stay here; the larger the plan the stronger the need to be organized. Also for instance I'm at work right now so I can't tune in. And it's a lot easier to catch up on a few dozen thought-out posts than on hundreds of instant messages.

Citer : Posté le 13/02/2024 17:22 | #

Lephenixnoir a écrit :
Personally, I'd rather stay here; the larger the plan the stronger the need to be organized. Also for instance I'm at work right now so I can't tune in. And it's a lot easier to catch up on a few dozen thought-out posts than on hundreds of instant messages.

That's true, Discussion in the forum is indeed a good choice. Maybe I need to sort out my thoughts. I also need more advice from experienced friends.

LienAjouter une imageAjouter une vidéoAjouter un lien vers un profilAjouter du codeCiterAjouter un spoiler(texte affichable/masquable par un clic)Ajouter une barre de progressionItaliqueGrasSoulignéAfficher du texte barréCentréJustifiéPlus petitPlus grandPlus de smileys !
Cliquez pour épingler Cliquez pour détacher Cliquez pour fermer
Alignement de l'image: Redimensionnement de l'image (en pixel):
Afficher la liste des membres
:bow: :cool: :good: :love: ^^
:omg: :fusil: :aie: :argh: :mdr:
:boulet2: :thx: :champ: :whistle: :bounce:
valider
 :)  ;)  :D  :p
 :lol:  8)  :(  :@
 0_0  :oops:  :grr:  :E
 :O  :sry:  :mmm:  :waza:
 :'(  :here:  ^^  >:)

Σ π θ ± α β γ δ Δ σ λ
Veuillez donner la réponse en chiffre
Vous devez activer le Javascript dans votre navigateur pour pouvoir valider ce formulaire.

Si vous n'avez pas volontairement désactivé cette fonctionnalité de votre navigateur, il s'agit probablement d'un bug : contactez l'équipe de Planète Casio.

Planète Casio v4.3 © créé par Neuronix et Muelsaco 2004 - 2024 | Il y a 50 connectés | Nous contacter | Qui sommes-nous ? | Licences et remerciements

Planète Casio est un site communautaire non affilié à Casio. Toute reproduction de Planète Casio, même partielle, est interdite.
Les programmes et autres publications présentes sur Planète Casio restent la propriété de leurs auteurs et peuvent être soumis à des licences ou copyrights.
CASIO est une marque déposée par CASIO Computer Co., Ltd