Les membres ayant 30 points peuvent parler sur les canaux annonces, projets et hs du chat.
La shoutbox n'est pas chargée par défaut pour des raisons de performances. Cliquez pour charger.

Forum Casio - Discussions

Index du Forum » Discussions » esp8266 with casio calculator
Zaky202 Hors ligne Membre Points: 35 Défis: 0 Message

esp8266 with casio calculator

Posté le 15/02/2024 08:29

Hi , did any one have idea about using esp8266 or esp32 with casio calculator like 9750GIII ?

Something like use serial port or something?

I planning to program the esp with micropython.

Fcalva Hors ligne Membre Points: 520 Défis: 9 Message

Citer : Posté le 15/02/2024 08:59 | #

You could probably make a serial port connector pretty easily, the question is mostly using it since it's tricky on the calculator side. Otherwise use the USB with another board.
I don't really see the use though
Pc master race - Apréciateur de Noctua moyen
Caltos : G90+E, FX-92+ (x2)
Lephenixnoir Hors ligne Administrateur Points: 24236 Défis: 170 Message

Citer : Posté le 15/02/2024 14:43 | #

Hi! I'm not too electronics-savvy myself but I'm pretty sure if you're fine with a standard serial you can use the 3-pin port.

I planning to program the esp with micropython.

MicroPython on the calculator side I assume? (I don't know if the ESP is programmable). Currently on the calculator none of the Python implementations give you serial access. That's something we can change in the medium term though.
Mon graphe (11 Avril): ((Rogue Life || HH2) ; PythonExtra ; serial gint ; Boson X ; passe gint 3 ; ...) || (shoutbox v5 ; v5)
Zaky202 Hors ligne Membre Points: 35 Défis: 0 Message

Citer : Posté le 15/02/2024 23:50 | #

Lephenixnoir a écrit :
]
MicroPython on the calculator side I assume? (I don't know if the ESP is programmable). Currently on the calculator none of the Python implementations give you serial access. That's something we can change in the medium term though.

esp8266, esp32
They are things similar to the Arduino, and are programmed in the same way using C++ or MicroPython. They are all considered microcontrollers.

There will be a great opportunity to develop better things with computers, since you can program any electronic parts and connect them to them, and they can access the network or Bluetooth.

There is a method called UART for send and get data. I think it is a good idea. I am currently trying to implement it in gint

Citer : Posté le 17/02/2024 07:30 | #

Right, I think I see. So the ESP8266 is a microcontroller with some internal memory that you can program/flash (not just the wireless module like I thought initially), and the board you have is essentially a pinout + a USB-to-UART chip so you can program it on the PC.

Wikipedia says it's in the range of 32 kB code RAM + 80 kB data RAM + some 80 or 160 MHz CPU. That'd leave quite a lot of computing power to complement the calculator. Do you intend to program the ESP from the PC or live from the calculator?

Also, any big ideas on what you're going to do with wireless once it works? :3

Note that to communicate via UART on the 3-pin port (which should definitely be possible) you'll need a serial library on the calculator side. gint doesn't have a serial driver yet; you can use libSerial which is a library by SlyvTT that uses the OS' driver. You have to world switch when using it, though.
Mon graphe (11 Avril): ((Rogue Life || HH2) ; PythonExtra ; serial gint ; Boson X ; passe gint 3 ; ...) || (shoutbox v5 ; v5)
Taheensomosi Hors ligne Membre Points: 2 Défis: 0 Message

Citer : Posté le 10/04/2024 10:38 | #

There are hacks attempting to add ESP8266/ESP32 functionality to some calculators, but the Casio 9750GIII likely isn't well-supported.

Here's the reality:

Limited Info: There's not much documentation or established methods for these specific calculator models.
Technical Challenges: Modifying calculators often involves complex reverse engineering and understanding proprietary communication protocols.
Alternatives to Consider:

Community Projects: Look for projects involving similar calculator models or more documented ESP communication.
Different Calculators: Explore if other calculator models have established ESP hacking communities.
Micropython might be suitable if you find a project with compatible code, but the initial hurdle is finding a documented approach for the 9750GIII.

Citer : Posté le 10/04/2024 10:46 | #

Not debating the overall difficulty of the project, but I think the "we don't understand the calculator" part is too pessimistic. We know how to use the serial port, we know how to use the USB port at least two different ways (with successful projects in the past like this blueetooth-based internet access), and although I'm not personally very good at electronics I'm pretty confident if someone wires this properly we can make it work on the software side.
Loieducode Hors ligne Membre Points: 191 Défis: 6 Message

Citer : Posté le 10/04/2024 11:02 | #

Lephenixnoir a écrit :
but I think the "we don't understand the calculator" part is too pessimistic.

Agreed. I don't own this specific model, but considering how far one can get with USB on the fx-CG50(with fancy stuff like GDB, and even HTTP ), this could totally work out to some neat stuff, especially with that ESP32 that could be used to reduce some burden on the calculator-side.
Trickswriting(sort le 1er avril):
   100%

LienAjouter une imageAjouter une vidéoAjouter un lien vers un profilAjouter du codeCiterAjouter un spoiler(texte affichable/masquable par un clic)Ajouter une barre de progressionItaliqueGrasSoulignéAfficher du texte barréCentréJustifiéPlus petitPlus grandPlus de smileys !
Cliquez pour épingler Cliquez pour détacher Cliquez pour fermer
Alignement de l'image: Redimensionnement de l'image (en pixel):
Afficher la liste des membres
:bow: :cool: :good: :love: ^^
:omg: :fusil: :aie: :argh: :mdr:
:boulet2: :thx: :champ: :whistle: :bounce:
valider
 :)  ;)  :D  :p
 :lol:  8)  :(  :@
 0_0  :oops:  :grr:  :E
 :O  :sry:  :mmm:  :waza:
 :'(  :here:  ^^  >:)

Σ π θ ± α β γ δ Δ σ λ
Veuillez donner la réponse en chiffre
Vous devez activer le Javascript dans votre navigateur pour pouvoir valider ce formulaire.

Si vous n'avez pas volontairement désactivé cette fonctionnalité de votre navigateur, il s'agit probablement d'un bug : contactez l'équipe de Planète Casio.

Planète Casio v4.3 © créé par Neuronix et Muelsaco 2004 - 2024 | Il y a 48 connectés | Nous contacter | Qui sommes-nous ? | Licences et remerciements

Planète Casio est un site communautaire non affilié à Casio. Toute reproduction de Planète Casio, même partielle, est interdite.
Les programmes et autres publications présentes sur Planète Casio restent la propriété de leurs auteurs et peuvent être soumis à des licences ou copyrights.
CASIO est une marque déposée par CASIO Computer Co., Ltd